What To Expect At Your Dental Implant Consultation
Here Is What To Expect At Your Dental Implant Consultation
If you have decided that dental implants are the way to go, let’s try and pave the way a little and give you some ideas on what to expect from this point forward.
It’s very common to feel nervous about your impending consultation. But don’t be. You are here to learn more about the treatment and if implants are the best option for you. There’s no obligation and our consultations at our Baton Rouge office mostly involve chatting and answering your questions.
Your consultation is the ideal opportunity for you to discuss all your individual needs and goals with our doctors at Bonaventure Dental Care and we will be able to provide you with a clear understanding of the treatment plan and we will explain fully what to expect during the procedure.
We will run through:
- Medical history. We will review your medical and dental history including any medications you are taking and any pre-existing medical conditions you have. We will assess your overall health to determine if any of these conditions or medications will affect the healing process of the dental implant procedure.
- Oral examination. Next, we will check your mouth, teeth, and gums to ensure you are a good candidate for dental implants. We will be checking for jawbone density and gum tissue as this is what is required to support dental implants. We will take x-rays and scans to help with this evaluation.
- Treatment plan. Once the evaluation is completed, we can then discuss a treatment plan and options with you. Here we will explain the procedure, number of implants, type of implant required, sedation options, estimated time frame to complete treatment, post-surgery expectations, and aftercare instructions. We will discuss your smile goals, habits, and oral health. We can answer any questions and make sure you are totally happy with the options.
- Financing. We can run through the costs of the procedure and any insurance options will also be discussed in full. This can include any finance options available.
- Finally, how to prepare. If you decide to go ahead with the dental implant procedure, we will talk to you about how best to prepare for the treatment and we will also advise on pre-operative instructions looking at what to do before surgery. This might include medication instructions, any dietary requirements, and other relevant information.
It’s normal to feel anxious or emotional during these consultations. But this is a non-judgmental zone! We are here to help you look and feel amazing by providing you with the teeth and smile you deserve.
If you’d like more information on dental implants, then feel free to give us a call at 225 753 0123. We are here to help. Our FREE comprehensive guide to Dental Implants is also available here which explains more about the procedure.